Expert Advisory Board

Back to Expert Advisory Board overview

Christopher Salter, PhD

What do you like about MediaVerse?

I was asked to serve on the advisory board presumably because of multi-interdisciplinary background, my ability to merge theory and practice and my international expertise in digital media tools and processes. In particular, MediaVerse’s interest in exploring next gen technologies such as decentralized systems, blockchain, social media analytics, and Virtual Reality and Human Computer Interfaces to make it easier to develop compelling, immersive and inclusive artistic and public-driven media work appeals to me – and combines a rare political-economic-technological-cultural framework.

Chris Salter, PhD

Christopher Salter, PhD

Professor, Design + Computation Arts Faculty of Fine Arts, Concordia University, Montréal, QC, Canada

Chris is an artist, Professor of Computation Arts in the Department of Design and Computation Arts at Concordia University, Montreal, Co-Director of the Hexagram Network for Research-Creation in Media Art, Design, Digital Culture and Technology, Director of Hexagram Concordia and Associate Director, Milieux Institute for Arts, Culture and Technology, also at Concordia.

Interests

My interdisciplinary research, scholarship and artistic work is positioned between media studies, Science and Technology Studies and digital media involving new sensing and computational technologies. It explores the borders between the senses, art, design and new technologies through large-scale installations as well as books, critical writings and lectures on the international scene. My immersive and physically experiential artistic works are informed by theater, architecture, visual art, computer music, perceptual psychology, cultural theory and engineering and are developed in collaboration with anthropologists, historians, philosophers, engineers, artists and designers. 

Follow Chris on LinkedIn, Instagram