What’s the idea?
In the first years of this century a phenomenon called Web 2.0 began to enable virtually everyone to create and publish content without technical background. Creating websites had already been easy – then the blogosphere opened the world of text publishing, image exchange, and even video publishing became easier than ever. Everything was for free, both publishing and consuming. Since then, a few social media companies have risen to dominate the world of content creation offering tools and services to create and publish all sorts of media – largely under their control.
This is where MediaVerse comes in: MediaVerse aims to enable all sorts of content creators, from traditional publishers and freelance creators or artists to anyone who wants to share their ideas, to create and share their media, while keeping control of their intellectual property rights. MediaVerse aims to provide a set of tools to support all steps in this process:
- Co-creation tools, where multiple users can work on their projects together, supporting also immersive media like interactive 360° videos and 3D objects;
- Social analytics tools to follow the trends and connect with your existing Social Media channels both ways – re-using the media you posted there as well as posting your new creations;
- A decentralised network to share the media;
- AI-supported tools for content analysis to make it easier to find content fragments on which to build your media, including tools to spot inappropriate content to save your audience;
- Blockchain-enabled tools to negotiate your intellectual property rights and be paid appropriately;
- Automated language translation and other tools to facilitate the creation of accessible media.
From October 2020 to September 2023 MediaVerse is going to demonstrate its potential in three major use cases focusing on
- Citizen Journalism;
- Co-creation of immersive and inclusive media;
- An artistic experiment under the headline of “Hybrid Intelligence”.
We look forward to tackling the above challenges and aim for significant impact in the European digital media sphere. Stay tuned!